From New York’s oldest bar to cuisines from around the world, we rounded up some of the most popular eateries in Woodhaven.
- Mistura Peruana – Peruvian / Seafood – 8423 Jamaica Ave. – A local eatery that’s been serving traditional Peruvian dishes since 2011. Popular dishes include Lomo Saltado, a traditional dish of sauteed steak with tomato and red onions and a side of rice or Ceviche de Pescado and many other seafood dishes.
- Caridad Restaurant – Spanish – 9019 Jamaica Ave. – Popular for their catering and their dining-in option, this Woodhaven staple serves up typical dishes like pernil, an array of monfongos and seafood paella in an old-school diner setting.
- U-Me Sushi – Japanese / Sushi – 8509 Jamaica Ave. – A modern restaurant with a sushi bar and more with a large sushi selection, hibachi and grilled specialties.
- Rico Chimi – Dominican – 80-01 Atlantic Ave. – A casual place for cheap eats serving Dominican delicacies like monfongo, Dominican hotdogs with outrageous toppings and sides like patacones.
- Neir’s Tavern – American / Traditional – 87-48 78th St. – Known to be New York City’s oldest bar that has been used as a movie set for movies like Goodfellas and Tower Heist, their beers and cocktails can be paired with bar food classics like chicken wings, mozzarella sticks and specialties like fish and chips.
Other popular eateries in Woodhaven include Tropical Restaurant and Pop’s Cocina. Did we miss any of your favorite Woodhaven eateries? Let us know!